The purpose of this project is to celebrate Samuel L. Clemens' life in Redding, Connecticut by documenting and showcasing his time here in multiple formats both online and offline. Your donations & site sponsorships will help me dedicate more time to these projects and allow me to get them online sooner.

Friday, February 1

Friday's Finds



Concert Team- September 21


Traveling Cigar Case-Closed


Traveling Cigar Case-Open


Playing Pool


Ivory Billiard Ball #5


Writing Tablet [Backside]


Writing Tablet [Front]

"This writing board, used by Mark Twain, for writing in bed, up to the time of his death, was given to me by Clara Clemens."
A.B.P.

Box reads: H.DE Cabanas Y Carvajal- Sucesores

Fabrica de Tabacos

"I have been in Eden three days and I saw a King. I knew he was a King the minute I touched him. Though I had never touched a King before."

-A Daughter of Eve
Helen Keller, January 11, 1909

This is just a teaser, there will be a more descriptive post tomorrow...found a ton of good stuff!!
Brent
HistoryofRedding.com

No comments: