The purpose of this project is to celebrate Samuel L. Clemens' life in Redding, Connecticut by documenting and showcasing his time here in multiple formats both online and offline. Your donations & site sponsorships will help me dedicate more time to these projects and allow me to get them online sooner.

Thursday, August 16

Meet the Speakers at our 1st Annual Mark Twain Conference in Redding

Our Featured Speaker is:


Laura S. Trombley
Author and President of Pitzer College


Laura is an internationally renowned Mark Twain scholar, authoring several books and dozens of scholarly articles on Twain. She appeared in Ken Burns's Mark Twain documentary and, as a graduate student, discovered the largest known cache of Mark Twain letters.

She will speak on her latest book:  Mark Twain's Other Woman



In addition to Mark Twain's Other Woman, Laura's other works on Twain include Mark Twain in the Company of Women and Constructing Mark Twain: New Directions in Scholarship.

2 comments:

raisinglaura said...

Please contact me. We are restoring the final residence of Laura Hawkins in Hannibal, MO to open it up for tours this Labor Day. I found your blog as I am compiling historical data for my talk on Laura this Sunday.

I am getting ready to restart my blog "RaisingLaura." You may post a comment to this blog, http://raisinglaura.blogspot.com/

Raza said...

See thousands of ebooks solely for you in a
free ebooks download
books pdf download
pdf books free
urdu pdf free books absolutely amazing catalog.