The purpose of this project is to celebrate Samuel L. Clemens' life in Redding, Connecticut by documenting and showcasing his time here in multiple formats both online and offline. Your donations & site sponsorships will help me dedicate more time to these projects and allow me to get them online sooner.

Friday, January 8

Blog Tag...Twain is it!

Talk of Our Town: Ridgefield CT has a neat little game called "Blog Tag" in the works... it's a fantastic interactive idea and seeing it's pushing 2pm Friday and I can't concentrate anyway I'll accept the challenge.

The rules are simple. First, on your own blog, tell 10 things about yourself, in the spirit of sharing and, well, self-promotion! Then you tag 5 blogs or websites that inspire your blog!

Here it goes:

1. I'm 39 years old, grew up in Redding, Connecticut, married (Christine), two kids (Liam and Emma), one dog (Bailey) and we all live up in Sharon, Connecticut now.

2. In real-life, I'm a web developer who specializes in online promotion and search engine rank improvement.

3. In my spare time, I work with a number of non-profit groups and lead walking tours, slide shows and speaking engagements that showcase a wide range of historic interests.

4. Since January of 2008, I have been working to uncover Connecticut's Mark Twain 'Connections' in towns and cities across the State to encourage a re-awakening of interest in Twain related research and tourism here in Connecticut. 54 towns and cities to-date.

5. My first site www.HistoryofRedding.com was launched in 1998. I started the site to share what I was finding out about Redding, Connecticut and make it easier for others to learn about Redding's amazing past.

6. It was because of www.HistoryofRedding.com that I learned HTML and Graphic Design and three years later launched my own web services company.

7. In 2006, www.HistoryofRedding.com was averaging 15,000 page views a year. I wanted to improve those numbers so I switched web hosting companies and began a search optimization campaign using site traffic statistics and online search trends for guidance. In 2009, www.HistoryofRedding.com had over 480,000 page views, averaging over 40,000 page views a month. Now I help others do the same.

8. I love the Historical Fiction Novel My Brother Sam is Dead. In my opinion is it the best historical fiction novel focused on our area...ever. I use it to teach kids from all over the Country about the early stages of the Revolutionary War.

9. I am addicted to Twitter and it bothers me. www.twitter.com/BrentMColley

10. Never tell me I can't do something, I will.


The 5 Blogs that I visit often and inspire me are:

The Mark Twain LibraryRedding's public library that Mark Twain himself founded and funded. Their history archives are amazing and their online database resources are pretty sweet too!

http://www.marktwainproject.org I've made 85% of my Mark Twain Connections via this amazing database of letters.

http://www.marktwainhouse.blogspot.com If you haven't been to the Mark Twain House in Hartford in a while...Go! Many great upgrades and exhibits.

www.twainweb.net The home of the Mark Twain Forum, a great Listserv service for Twainiacs.

www.twainquotes.com Twain quotes, newspaper collections and related resources. This is the sources of all sources for Twain.

Tag, you’re it!


Planning an Event? Confetti-Events of Georgetown is a great place to start!

Planning a Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvahs, Wedding, Anniversary Party, Special Event or Party in Redding, Weston, Wilton or Ridgefield?

Go local and call Confetti Events- Event Flowers, Decor and Planning Professionals right here in Redding CT.

Phone 203-544-6090 | E-mail: sales@confetti-events.com | Web: www.confetti-events.com

No comments: